Last Modified: 11/19/21
The site is owned and operated by Threadline LLC, who we refer to as “Threadline”, “us”, “we” or “our”. When we refer to “you” and “your” in this policy, we are referring to you as a visitor to and user of the site.
YOU SHOULD READ THIS POLICY COMPLETELY AND CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING ANY INFORMATION, PARTICULARLY PERSONAL INFORMATION, THROUGH THE SITE. By using the site in any way, including accessing, browsing, using, and/or contacting us through the site, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by this policy. If you do not agree to this policy or to any other policy posted on the site, you should not access or otherwise use the site.
- How We Collect AND Use YOUR PERSONAL Information
- What is Personal Information?
Personal information is information that we or others can use to personally identify a specific individual. Different laws define personal information (and similar terms, such as personal data and personally identifiable information) to mean different things, but it generally includes information like your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. It may also include a computer or mobile device IP address, if that IP address can be linked to a particular person, or geo-location information, again if that information can be used to pinpoint a specific person.
- What Choices Do You Have About Sharing Your Personal Information?
You are generally in control of whether you provide us with your personal information. For example, you can visit and view the site without disclosing any personal information about yourself. Although using our site may result in our obtaining your IP address and browsing behavior, we do not use that information by itself to personally identify you.
However, if you choose to make use of certain features of the site, you may need to provide personal information to us. For example, if you contact us using any features of our site that allow you to reach out to us with questions or requests, you will need to provide information relevant to your inquiry and that will enable us to respond to you. And of course, if you sign up for our newsletter updates, you will need to provide us with your name and email address.
If you are not comfortable with providing information to us, you should not do so.
- What Categories of Information Do We Collect, How Do We Collect it, and How Do We Use It?
Below, we describe the categories of personal information we collect, our reasons for collecting that information, and how we use it:
– Identification and Contact Information: This category includes information like your name, email address, and phone number. We collect this information directly from you if you reach out to us through our “Contact”, “Work With Us”, or similar features. We will also include any other information you include in your inquiry. We use this information to respond to you, to provide the information you request, to contact you to follow up on your request, for other purposes relevant to your inquiry, and – subject to your right to opt out – for marketing purposes.
– Browsing and Device Information: This category includes information like your device IP address, referring website(s), browser and devise types, and page visit information. We collect this information when users visit the site. So, depending on the device you use to access the site and your privacy settings, we may be able to identify your devise and site interaction information. If you also provide us with your identification and contact information (discussed above), we may link your browsing information with your contact information in our database. We use this information to understand our customers, clients, prospects, and site users’ behavior and interests.
In addition to the specific uses described above, all of the personal information we collect may be used for the following additional purposes, all of which are related to our operation of our business and our services offerings:
– Understanding, managing, and personalizing our users’ experiences on our site;
– Evaluating and improving our service quality;
– Complying with legal requirements; and
– Preventing and addressing fraud and breaches of our site requirements and policies.
We keep the personal information we collect for as long as we continue to have a business need to do so, unless a longer period is required by law. Business needs include customer management, legal, risk management, and other business purposes.
- What is Personal Information?
- HOW AND WHY WE SHARE INFORMATION
Generally, we restrict access to your personal information to those who need to use for purposes consistent with those described in this policy. We may share information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- We may provide information to our business partners, such as vendors and consultants, who need this information for business purposes relevant to your inquiry or your relationship with us.
- We may provide information to our trusted service providers who use that information to conduct business on our behalf. For example, they may handle our customer and data management and online newsletter distributions. We provide these service providers only with the information they need to perform their services, and work with them to respect and protect your privacy.
- We may share information with data analytics platforms, who use this information to track website usage and activity, and who compile statistics and perform analyses intended to improve our site.
- We may share information, including personal information, in connection with, during negotiations of, or as a part of the closing of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, in which personal information about the users of our site is among the assets transferred or is otherwise relevant to due diligence.
- We do not disclose any personal information that we collect about you through the site to anyone for any purpose other than as disclosed, without informing you and obtaining your consent as required by law. We do not sell any personal information.
- COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGY
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies and other tracking technologies, but you can usually change your settings to prevent that, such as by having your device warn you each time a cookie is being sent or choosing to turn off all cookies. This can be done through your web browser settings, and because each browser is different, you should look at your browser’s “Help” menu to learn how to modify your cookie settings. In addition, on our site you will be able to disable all cookies other than the cookie that we store to remember your preference not to be tracked. If you do disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain sections of the site, which may make your experiences on the site less efficient.
- Our Site and Third Party Tracking Technologies.
We cannot control any third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
- How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Requests.
Currently, certain browsers offer a “do not track” (DNT) option. This option, using a technology known as a DNT header, sends a signal to websites visited by the user about the user’s DNT preference, if any, set on the browser. While we try to honor DNT requests as noted above, we cannot currently commit to responding to all browsers’ DNT signals. We cannot make this commitment because there is not a common understanding among industry groups, technology companies, or regulators about how to interpret the DNT signal.
- THIRD PARTY SITES AND SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
Our site may include links to other websites, including social networking sites. If you use our site to access any third party site, please note that we do not control the privacy practices of any third parties. Once you leave our site, the collection and use of your information will be governed by the policy of the third party site.
Our site may also offer social network and similar sharing features, such as Linkedin and/or similar links or buttons, which may let you share information related to the site through your preferred social media platforms. If you permit a connection between our site and your social network page(s), we (and the social network) may be able to identify you, and associate the information we (and they) receive with information we (and they) already have about you. In addition, depending on how you use those features and your settings with the social network provider(s), the information you share to your social network pages will be available to others, including your friends and/or the public. For more information about how your information may be shared through those social networks once it is provided
- Our Security Measures
We and our website host use a variety of industry-standard security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information, including measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
Unfortunately, no electronic data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we believe that we use reasonable measures to protect personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted or otherwise provided to us or received from us.
- YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING Your Information
- General Rights of All Site Users.
Providing Personal Information Is Your Choice. You can browse the site without providing any personal information, other than browsing data (which we do not attempt to use, by itself, to identify a particular person). However, if you choose to use the site to engage with us, such as by requesting information, you will be required to provide us with the necessary information, and when you do so your personal information will be used as described in this policy. If you do not want to provide us with any information, you should not use our site.
Your Rights to Opt Out of Certain Communications. You can always opt out of receiving promotional communications such as our newsletters by selecting the “unsubscribe” link included in any email communications, or by contacting us at us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that despite your email preferences, we may need to contact you regarding our business relationship with you, as required by law, or regarding legal matters. However, we will not send you marketing communications after you have opted out of receiving them.
Your Rights to Update and Change Your Information. You can contact us at any time at email@example.com to request that we make any edits to any personal information that you believe we maintain.
- Certain Rights of California Residents.
If you are a California resident, the California “Shine the Light” law permits individuals to request certain details about our disclosure of their personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and you would like to make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Certain Rights of Nevada Residents.
If you are a Nevada resident, please note that we do not sell information as defined in and for purposes of Nevada’s online privacy law.
- Certain Rights of EU Persons.
– Right to Access – this is the right to request copies of your personal information from us.
– Right to Correct – this is the right to have personal information corrected if it is accurate or incomplete.
– Right to Erasure – this is the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information from our systems.
– Right to Restrict Use – this is your right to block us from using, or to limit the ways we can use, your personal information.
– Right to Data Portability – this is your right to request that certain of your personal information be transferred to a different provider.
– Right to Object – this is your right to object to our use of your personal information, including when we use it for our legitimate interests, including for marketing purposes.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights described above, or if you have questions relating to them, you can contact us at email@example.com. If you are not satisfied with how we have responded to any request you make regarding the above rights, you may be able to raise your complaint with the Data Protection Authority in your jurisdiction. You can find your national Data Protection Authority here.
For purposes of the GDPR, note that our legal basis for collecting information is our legitimate business interests in pursuing, cultivating, and managing a commercial relationship with you, including marketing our service offering to prospects and customers. Where legally required, we will also obtain your consent to the collection and use of your personal information.
For purposes of the GDPR, if you are located in the EU, we are the controller of the personal information you provide to us.
We do not generally transfer information from within the European Economic Area to any jurisdictions outside of it. However, if we do so, we will do so in a manner that complies with the requirements of the GDPR.
- General Rights of All Site Users.
- A Note about Children
Our site is not targeted to, and we have no interest in collecting information from, children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or legal guardian who believes that your child has provided us with any personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.